The Beauty of Spec-Brik...Now With Korfil Hi-R Insulation
The SPEC-BRIK® JUMBO Hi-R Wall System uses SPEC-BRIK color blends in a special concrete masonry unit with individually molded insulation inserts to provide the best concrete masonry thermal performance in compliance with prevailing Codes and Standards.
The SPEC-BRIK JUMBO Hi-R Masonry Unit has been designed to provide reduced thermal bridging. The assembly provides a wall system capable of achieving higher thermal R-values than conventional masonry, while providing full Code-compliant load resistance.
Hi-R Inserts are made by Concrete Block Insulating Systems, Inc. from flame-retardant treated expandable polystyrene. Like all foamed plastics, good fire procedures must be followed during storage and installation. Inserts give off no toxic products of combustion, except carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide, concentrations of which are far less than those given off by equal volumes of more dense building construction products. Expandable polystyrene contains no fluorocarbons and no formaldehyde.
SPEC-BRIK JUMBO Hi-R Masonry Units from the Concrete Products Group, LLC are available in precision faced Unit sizes are available in 8, 10 and 12 widths with nominal 8 inch x 16 inch face dimensions. Other units are available with split or other textures.
- ASTM C 578, Type X, replacing Federal Specifications HH-I-524C. Specification for Rigid Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation.
- ASTM C 90 Standard Specification for Load-bearing Concrete Masonry Units.
TO ORDER CALL 1-800-789-0872
R-Value and U-Factor Comparison 12” Thick Units
|Density of Block||12x4x16Conventional Masonry (ungrouted)||12x4x16Spec-Brik Hi-R (ungrouted)||12x4x16Conventional Masonry (ungrouted)||12x4x16Spec-Brik Hi-R (ungrouted)|
Spec-Brik® JUMBO Hi-R Benefits:
- The beauty of flashed brick with the thermal performance of Korfil Hi-R
- Offered in all 12 Spec-Brik color blends plus custom options
- Factory pre-installed insulation provides guaranteed consistent insulation value
- Permits full grout and reinforcement of wall without removing insulation
- Provides Moisture Protection of a Barrier Wall