The Hi-R Concrete Masonry Unit is specifically designed to minimize thermal bridging and includes a factory-installed insulated insert made of expandable polystyrene. This provides integral insulation placement in the finished wall
Hi-R Inserts are made by Concrete Block Insulating Systems, Inc. from flame-retardant treated expandable polystyrene. Like all foamed plastics, good fire procedures must be followed during storage and installation. Inserts give off no toxic products of combustion, except carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide, concentrations of which are far less than those given off by equal volumes of more dense building construction products. Expandable polystyrene contains no fluorocarbons and no formaldehyde.
Hi-R Masonry Units from the Concrete Products Group, LLC are available in precision faced Unit sizes are available in 8, 10 and 12 widths with nominal 4 inch or 8 inch x 16 inch face dimensions. Other units are available with split or other textures.
- ASTM C 578, Type X, replacing Federal Specifications HH-I-524C. Specification for Rigid Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation.
- ASTM C 90 Standard Specification for Load-bearing Concrete Masonry Units.
TO ORDER CALL 1-800-789-0872
- Enhanced Thermal Performance.
- Grout reinforcement of wall does not compromise thermal performance.
- Interior drainage is permitted through weeps.
- Improved sound resistance.
- Improved resistance to driven rain.