Polished & Textured Collection:
- Our Polished CMUs are vigorously polished to provide them with the sheen of a polished granite or marble.
- Our Textured CMUs have subtle reflective qualities amid a weathered surface to provide an attractive and unique low-maintenance finish.
New from the Concrete Products Group: The Polished and Textured Collection! This product is different from other manufacturing processes such as groundface or filled block…the finished product has a true polished sheen.Polished Block: Polished Block are processed through several stages of vigorous polishing to retrieve a gloss finish similar to that of polished granite or marble. The natural beauty of local aggregates is exposed, to produce this distinctive line of CMU’s. The finish of these reflective CMU's works well in structures where a load bearing maintenance free wall system or façade is desired. Textured Block: Textured Block exhibit subtle reflective qualities, with a textured surface. The reflective aggregates stand out against a muted background, creating a unique and attractive, low maintenance textured polished block. Architectural Options: The Polished and Textured Collection can be manufactured with bullnose, chamfered edges or vertical scoring.
The distinctive appeal of these finishes results from revealing the beauty of natural stone through a multi-stage polishing process. CPG producers use superior colored aggregates and new state-of-the-art polishing machines to expose and buff the aggregates of the concrete masonry unit. Like all of our CMUs, the polished and textured line are produced with integral water repellants and meet ASTM C 90 and LEED standards.
Available Sizes and Shapes:
- Half Units and Half High Units
- Bond Beams and Lintels Used where reinforcing is needed
- Corners the face and end can be ground, to be used with exterior corners
- Multiple Faces used for two sided wall or wall caps
- Scores Uniformity and aesthetic values can be added with single or multiple scoring
- Bevels/Chamfers Used for window sills, wall bases, transition pieces, etc.
- Bull Nose These CMUs can have one or more rounded exterior corners, with a radius range of 1/2”-2”
- Custom Shapes. Available on request.