The Hi-R H Wall System is a specially designed concrete masonry unit and individually molded insulation insert that provide industry best thermal performance in compliance with prevailing Codes and Standards.
The Hi-R H Masonry Unit has been designed to provide reduced thermal bridging even more than prior Hi-R designs. The block and the insulation are combined at the block manufacturing plant prior to delivery to the job site. The assembly provides a wall system capable of achieving higher thermal R-values than conventional masonry, while providing full Code-based load resistance.
Hi-R H Inserts are made by Concrete Block Insulating Systems, Inc. from flame-retardant treated expandable polystyrene. Like all foamed plastics, good fire procedures must be followed during storage and installation. Inserts give off no toxic products of combustion, except carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide, concentrations of which are far less than those given off by equal volumes of more dense building construction products. Expandable polystyrene contains no fluorocarbons and no formaldehyde.
Hi-R H Masonry Units from the Concrete Products Group, LLC are available in precision faced and architectural decorative faced units. Unit sizes are available in 10 inch and 12 inch depths with nominal 8 inch x 16 inch face dimensions. Please check with your local CPG member to determine which unit sizes are available in your region.
- ASTM C 578, Type X, replacing Federal Specifications HH-I-524C. Specification for Rigid Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation.
- ASTM C 90 Standard Specification for Load-bearing Concrete Masonry Units.
TO ORDER CALL 1-800-789-0872
Hi-R H Benefits:
- New Design with Reduced Thermal Bridging for Enhanced Thermal Resistance
- Capable of meeting IECC (2009) R-Value Thresholds in all Climate Zones
- Permits full grout and reinforcement of wall without removing insulation
- Work by other trades is performed with little danger of damage to insulation
- Provides Moisture Protection of a Barrier Wall
- Shape permits efficient installation even with placement over reinforcement for fully grouted walls.